Over the past years, the banking industry has made significant revolution and the banking and financial services sector been opened to the requirements of economic development and international economic integration. Risk management issues at banks are not out of the trend of integration with the world.
The State Bank has had stricter requirements for Vietnamese banks in applying international risk management standards such as Basel II, Basel III, IFRS9. The introduction of Circular 41 to calculate CAR to enhance internal risk management, capital management for banks is also one of the important steps to apply international risk management standards in Bank of Vietnam.
For these reasons, CMC TSSG, together with SAS and Dell Technologies, organized the seminar “Enhancing competitive advantage by effective risk management” on June 27, 2019 in Ho Chi Minh City. The workshop focused on the following main topics:
- Understand how Basel II, III, and IV impact the banking industry.
- Ensuring effective credit risk analysis for Basel-related problems such as calculating RWA risk assets using standardised Approach under Circular 41 of the State Bank as well as the implementation schedule in the future to approach Basel II according to IRB internal ranking method.
- Ability to build Risk Data Mart warehouse
- Complete data infrastructure, modeling and consolidated reporting to measure and report on credit risk
- DellTechnologies specialized solutions for banking and finance industry and especially for risk management
The seminar attracted nearly 20 customers who are leaders of Risk Management and IT departments from banks in Ho Chi Minh City.
Category: General news